- Experience building and leading businesses in India or other relevant emerging markets, including ownership of business performance metrics.
- A technical undergraduate degree and/or equivalent work experience in a high growth company or startup. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 4+ years of experience in delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished.
- Stellar design instincts and product taste.
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the
- people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- User-centricity – examples from your past of product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users’ problems.
- Passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
About the Team Uber’s scale and growth have moved past the benefits of a strong one-size-fits-all product-market fit and this is where the Uber Rider team is focused. Our charter is to bring the next set of billion riders onto the Uber platform. To enable riders to access the magic of Uber anywhere, anyway, anyhow. A significant set of step functions in new rider growth must come from enabling deep access to Uber; transcending rider challenges across capabilities of devices, networks, and riders in emerging regions of focus. At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.