Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders.
We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city.
This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking, strategic vision and end to end ownership to the safety and compliance of the platform. This person will work with data to monitor, understand & influence driver & rider behavior and ensure that Uber remains a safe platform.
This role also involves understanding the tarde-offs between risk and growth and making conscious choices. It involves working closely with tech and product teams. This role is ultimately responsible for making sure we have safe drivers and riders. What You’ll Do:
- Analytics: Utilize driver, rider & marketplace data to understand the safety risks and design strategies to reduce the safety incidents on the platform
- Risk Management: Optimise and develop strategies to mitigate risk from both drivers and riders to the platform
- Stakeholder management: Collaborate with cross-functional and regional teams to implement best practices, new products etc.
- Develop & Optimize Frameworks/Processes: Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps with aggressive timelines for completion.
- Product Improvement: Pro-actively search for bugs or new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience.
- Hustle: Take ownership of Uber’s safety strategy and get the job done
- Operationalise: Implement some of the best practises and realise operational efficiencies while doing that
What You’ll need:
- BA/BS in Engineering, Economics, Business or other quantitative focussed academic degrees.
- 1+ years of investment banking /consulting/analytical or related experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- The ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. A self-starter attitude is a must!
- The ability to collaborate
- Must have impressive Excel/Data management skills (and the understanding that there’s always more to learn).
- SQL and R/Python experience is a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.